Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Wonderful Saturday

Today was a GREAT day!
Kyle had a swim meet and did AWESOME! This is only his second swim meet ever and his first since moving up to the intermediate level!
We are SO proud of him! (Pics will be in a dedicated post).

Once we got home from the meet, Ronnie mowed the lawn and I went grocery shopping. We had a wonderful meal for dinner...chicken, steamed fresh squash, zucchini, carrots and broccoli, homemade mashed potatoes and salad...picked fresh from Lisa M's garden!

After dinner Ronnie went out front and worked on the new design he has come up with for the front gate.
Kyle decided to go help Daddy...............


This is the little figure that Ronnie welded together for Kyle, lol. Kyle grabbed a handful of random things and Ronnie turned it into a treasure! Kyle LOVES this!
 Meanwhile, I headed into the sewing room!
I've been working on the quilt for my upcoming class. I already have 5 people signed up for this class! SO EXCITING!

Patches!
I learned a sewing tip! READY??........................When needing to make a diagonal line (for HST's etc.), instead of drawing the line and then sewing....you can SIMPLY IRON IT! WHOODATHUNKIT!!!! It's GREAT! I've been using this method like crazy for the past few days and it is SO fabulous! I LOVE IT! (And so simple...seriously, why have we not thought of this!??)

ta da!
And here is my Accuquilt Go! cutting my sashing and borders for me! It's wonderful!

So...how was your Saturday? Great, I hope!

No comments: