Sunday, January 20, 2013

Food.......

If you know us or have been reading my blog for even a short time you know that we purged our home of ALL processed foods and anything that has more than 5 ingredients or ingredients that are not recognizable and pronounceable.
Lots of people have asked what we are eating.
More than 50% of our plate is fresh steamed or sauteed veggies, just about everyday.
 Here are just a couple of recent meals that I took pics of:
Homemade Beef Stew:
 
We don't normally eat corn. Maybe once or twice a month....but we had it this night with sauteed cabbage, spinach and mushrooms, brown rice and steamed broccoli...
Ronnie's is the plate with the HUGE mound of corn, lol.
 
 

A few days ago I cooked pinto beans overnight in the crockpot with some cumin and pepper, etc seasoning....then mashed them into fresh refried beans.....they were SOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy! Especially with some shredded cheese mixed in! After having homemade ones I could NEVER eat the canned again....BLEH!
We ate them with sauteed ground chicken breast, spinach and mushrooms...
I've been trying to remember to take pics of our meals....when I began the journey into real food, I thought it would be redundant and boring....SO NOT TRUE! God has created such a BOUNTY of foods for us!

No comments: