Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My goals for 2013




It's hard to believe that 2013 is already here! crazy.....2012 seemed to FLY by! There were lots of milestones this year, some good, some sad. Looking towards the future, I have lots of goals!,! (What's new, right?)

I like to break my goals into categories. I've been trying to find the ones I wrote out for 2012 to review and can't seem to find them...hmmm...I wonder where I posted them....

I did decide this year to be more broad in my goals…as I begin projects, I can break them down into specific milestones….but for an overall…here ya go!

Sewing Goals:
My main goal this year is sewing all those quilt kits that I’ve purchased over the years =) I am REALLY excited about that! Here are just a few of them....








I am also going to be teaching more classes this year. Last year’s was a big success and gained the quilting world another fellow quilter! We will see how this year goes!
There is always that list of UFO’s and this year is no exception….many of them just need binding though! So that’s a plus!!

Spiritual Goals:
As with every year…I want more of Him and less of me. I want to spend more time with the Lord, actually finish a bible study book and read my bible more.

Home goals:
I want to continue in our path of whole foods. We have lacked a little with the holiday season and can really feel it! Fortunately all three of us saw such positive side effects from the change that we can’t wait to be done eating out! We actually get sick from eating foods with processed ingredients or chemicals in it now.
I love our homemade laundry detergent…no commercial brand can touch it! And it’s so cheap to make!! I plan on making deodorant this month and we will see where else my quest for a chemical free lifestyle leads me!

I am going to make a VERY strong effort to blog EVERY day this year. I know…I’m a little scared to even put that out there….but there it is….I am going to strive for it but am not going to beat myself up if it doesn’t happen. I just really disike how inconsistent my blogging is at times. If I can get at least a little blip in on how our day went and what we did, I will be happy. My blog is my journal to my future ancestors.

This year we are starting a “Blessing Jar”. Each day we will place a piece of paper in the jar with a blessing from that day written on it…or something good that happened, etc. On New Year’s Eve…we’ll dump it out and read back through all that the Lord has blessed us with that year.

No comments: