Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY...Wednesday, January 30th, 2013

Outside my window...blue skies, the temp is in the 70's...NICE

I am thinking...that this week is just going to be a wash, as far as productivity goes. I have been in bed since Saturday-until yesterday...yesterday I was up and about and I even left the house! But starting last night, Kyle is down with this illness. Ahh well...such is life.

I am thankful...for my hubby-who has been helping around the house SO much since I've been sick.

In the kitchen...same ol same ol. Cooking LOTS of fresh veggies each day. We tried quinoa and both the boys really loved it-I think they liked it more than I did! And WOW, does it make A LOT!!

I am wearing...shorts and a tank top.

I am creating...a new applique project! It was something that I could do while stuck in bed :) trace and cut! and my January "Lovely Year of Finishes" project.

I am going...nowhere! Ronnie will need to teach ALL the kiddos at church tonight.

I am wondering...how this BIG decision that is in front of our church is going to turn out. I will know Sunday.

I am reading..."The Bachelor's Bargain" by Catherine Palmer, "The Storekeeper's Daughter" by Wanda Brunstetter and "The Sister's Secret" by Wanda Brunstetter (I have to say that BOTH of the Amish books have me quite stressed out! geesh, reading is supposed to be relaxing!)

I am hoping...that my baby recuperates MUCH more quickly than I did :(

I am looking forward to...the second part of the Valentine's quilting class tomorrow! And the quilt show this weekend in Orlando!

I am learning...that God is challenging me in my relationships. He is challenging me to LOVE those he has placed in my life through His eyes, not my own and he is challenging me to work towards improving my relationships, not proving that I am right. It's difficult at times because I want to "call out" the obvious nonsense taking place...however, it is not my place and I am called to LOVE-NOT make everyone admit their wrongs and change.

Around the house...purging and organizing! (still!) I am almost finished with the bathroom closet! YAYY! And I did complete the pots and pan cabinet. Once I finish the bathroom closet I will be blogging another Project Organization 2013 post! Stay tuned!

I am pondering...How good and faithful God is. How NOTHING is impossible with Him. Even when it seems that "that will never happen"....ahh so, the walls of Jericho would "never" have fallen simply by marching. Praise the Lord! He is good and just and faithful and His plan will prevail.

A favorite quote for today... Ephesians 4:29-30a, (NCV) "When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need-words that will help others become stronger. Then what you say will do good to those who listen to you. And do not make the Holy Spirit sad. The Spirit is God's proof that you belong to him.

One of my favorite things...meeting sewers and quilters that I never even knew were around me! I have "met" so many over the past few weeks that are not only quilters but also homeschoolers! And one even has a hubby and sons who race dirt track here locally! How amazing is THAT!??!

A few plans for the rest of the week: quilting class tomorrow, quilt show Saturday, church Sunday.

A peek into my day... I have to show you two. Both of these are poor quality because I used my phone camera....here is Ky, sick and on the couch :(
 And here is something that makes me smile :) Ronnie built a stand for the bunny's cage and she is now enjoying the outside! But what makes me smile is that the ducks are over there by her...isn't it a quaint picture!

Have a blessed Wednesday! Love the people around you, for you never know who God will call home today.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Sorry you're sick! I'm just recovering from a cold here as well. Hope Kyle feel better soon too. I loved your quote from Ephesians today. I need to remember that one!