Monday, May 14, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
FOR TODAY: Monday, May 14th, 2012

Outside my window...the sun is just setting...it is at the end of its descent.

I am thinking...that I REALLY hurt my knee when I twisted it.

I am thankful...that I am blessed to be home and not have to work.

In the kitchen...I made about 40 hamburger patties today to freeze for the BBQ coming up.

I am wearing...shorts and a tank top

I am creating...quilt tops! lots of them!

I am going...to work in the church office at the end of this week and beginning of next week.

I am wondering...why Ronnie continues to do his schoolwork at the last minute.

I am reading..."1105 Yakima Way" by Debbie Macomber, "A Single Thread" by Marie Bostwick, "Swinging on a Star" by Janice Thompson

I am hoping...that I can find the color thread I need to quilt this quilt I am waiting to quilt.

I am looking forward to...this weekend when I have ALONE time!!!!

I am learning...things about the Great Depression from Kyle that I had never heard before. hmmm.

Around the house...my back porch is once again, perfect! I love it!

I am pondering...if my knee  is going to still hurt tomorrow.

A favorite quote for today..."Each Day Is A Brand New Opportunity To Be Jesus To The World" - R. Falcon

One of my favorite things...my Keurig!

A few plans for the rest of the week: work at church, teach at church, attend church, bible study at home....oh and SEW, SEW, SEW! (My boys will be gone all weekend).

A peek into my day...I have two peeks....one is the quilt I completed from my design wall and the other is the sunset I mentioned above. When I looked out my window to write this post, I HAD to go take a picture.

Join in on the Simple Woman's Daybook HERE!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful quilt! (And a pretty sunset too.) Enjoyed your daybook. Have a blessed day.

Theresa said...

I hope your knee is feeling better. I love your quilt. I have one to finish but I need help so it has been in my closet for probably ten years! What a blessing to be able to quilt like that. I enjoyed reading your daybook today :)

Jerralea said...

I love that quote! Challenging!

Your quilt is gorgeous. I admire anyone who has patience to quilt.

Loved the sunset picture, too.

Lisa said...

Thank you all for the comments! I LOVE comments! :)
Dawn: I went ALL day today-until about 5:00-without re-twisting my knee :( It is not as bad as yesterday though.
Theresa...I'd love to see some pics of your quilt in progress!
Jerralea: Thank you! It was a scarp quilt and really whipped out pretty quickly. Have you ever quilted? I thought for sure I wouldn't have the patience for it...but I love it!