Monday, June 25, 2012

Design Wall Monday ~ June 25th

I have been making quilt blocks for the Star Quilt-along on Crazy Mom Quilts' blog.
Lisa & I cut all the pieces to this quilt back in 2010 and are just now getting around to sewing them.
The problem is that back then my cuts were not accurate and so it is VERY frustrating now to try and sew them. I am MUCH more precise now and cannot stand it if my seams don't line up or points get chopped off...and ALL of that is happening. GRRR. But...I am going to sew them together, trimming the small pieces as best as I can to make it right and then trim all the blocks down to the smallest one when I am done. I am going to use solid sashing, not the "Irish Chain" look that Crazy Mom Quilts used.


I am also still working on that scrappy table topper and my embroidery project.

Look at that! UGH!
 The two pics below were taken with my phone, so not the best...but these are the four blocks I've completed so far! :) 8 more to go!

2 comments:

marcella said...

I love your fabrics for the star blocks! I think you should be proud of how far you've come with your quilting since you started. Hopefully you'll like the finished project so much that it will make the tricky process worth it.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Marcella! I really am proud of how far I've come...just aggravating to work with inaccurate cuts. :)