Friday, October 26, 2012

Process Post!~Oct. 26th

I have unburied my sewing room and began working on some Christmas projects!

Poor 'ol Betsy hasn't been used in months!!
 For the past couple of months, all I have done is quilt on my frame. I had SO many quilts that needed to be quilted! I still am not done with them all but am ready to start piecing some projects.
And...Christmas is coming!!!!!!!!!!!
 

So...I pulled out some of my Christmas fabrics! Especially those that I had assigned to projects in my mind :)
This is my future Advent Calendar!!!

Here are all 25 pieces! Baby Jesus goes on last :)
I love my cat Christmas fabric!

leaders and enders project! More postage stamps!!
I ironed fusible onto the back of these and started cutting them out. Next I'll be attaching them to black felt and then sewing a loop of embroidery thread on them. They get hung on the advent calendar piece...after I quilt it and sew buttons all over it.

My Jacob....lounging in the sewing room.


and Patches curled up...around a roll of cotton batting...on top of a pile of polyester batting :)


She's so cute!

 I started working on a Christmas gift  too!


***************DAD AND RUTH***************
DO NOT READ / LOOK ANY FURTHER IN THIS POST!!! **************************************

.
 .
 ...
 .....
 ...................
 ...............................


  ..............................................


 ...............................................................


 ..................................................................................................


 ............................................................................................................................

I purchased this cardinal Christmas fabric back in 2008 ish?  I think I bought it my first year quilting because it reminded me of my dad :) He always pointed out cardinals to me and my brother when we were growing up.

 So...I decided to make a Christmas wall hanging quilt.

But, I couldn't decide whether I should put the tan next to the printed fabric or the red next to it....



I ended up going with the tan first then the red...
Next, I am going to put a 3" finished border of the pinecones




What do you think? Would you have gone with the tan first?

What projects are you working on?


No comments: