Friday, May 1, 2009

Quilting away!

I started a "one a day" quilt along from Crazy Mom Quilts (found here: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2009/04/one-day-quilt-along.html) It's a simple 9 patch with sashing but I am really excited about it. Each piece in the 9 patch is just 2.5". I have sewn together 5 so far...here they are!

And...except for the border I finished my ragged edge squares quilt top!

Here is what I think I am going to use for my border...tell me what you think:

I am using 2" squares for my postage stamp quilt as leaders and enders while working on other projects....here's what I have sewn so far:

I am also working on my 12 week quilt along, a cafemom BOM, my weed whacker quilt and I just signed up for a round robin quilt through cafemom for a wall hanging!
I love quilting!! I am so excited!

Oh, and I sliced my finger almost off using my rotary cutter today...the dogs barked and it startled me...when I looked up...chu chunk...NOT good at all. I am really blessed though....it's already healing very nicely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of quilting! Too bad about the finger. Those rotary cutters are deadly. I love the ragged edge squares. I like things that are a little bit askew.

I always find all the other Lisa's in Amanda Jean's quilt alongs. :)