Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Monday, May 18, 2009
Outside my window... clear blue skies.
I am thinking...that I really wish we were done with school for the day.
I am thankful for... my super yummy hazelnut creamer.
From the learning rooms...we are winding down for the year. Ky has about another week of Math left, a couple more weeks of spelling and handwriting and about a month left of reading and English.
From the kitchen... Muffins for breakfast! Yummy, yummy. Tonight I think we are having chicken breast with white sauce.
I am wearing... shorts and a T shirt.
I am creating... multiple quilts!
I am reading... Love Comes Softly
I am hoping... that I can finish my cherry spinners quilt top today or tomorrow.
I am hearing... the kids running upstairs and the sander in the garage going.
Around the house...things are good! We played musical rooms again and moved the sewing area upstairs. We are now sitting right against the front windows so that the children can play outside while we sew. I really like it!
One of my favorite things...the birds in the morning. They are so pretty and verbal. I love their morning songs.
A few plans for the rest of the week... I want to complete my cherry spinners top, my round robin block, my 12 week quilt along- week 4 block, re-cut my week 3 block for the same quilt along, and I want to work some more on my weed whacker quilt. Nancy is getting ready to baste and bind her quilt and begin working on rag-top quilts for Hayleigh and Cody. The guys now have their truck running and driving....so they are putting the last bit of paint on tomorrow (i think).
Here is picture thought I am sharing...the family I am missing with all of my heart

No comments: