Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Tuesday (yea, I'm a day late) December 12th, 2008
Outside my window... a cloudy day..not too hot, not too cold.
I am thinking...that we need to get our school work started...it's almost noon!
I am thankful for... my home. I love it here.
From the learning rooms... busy with life lessons, thematic units and crafts this week. From now until the holidays are over we are scaling back. We are focusing on our Science curriculum, with plans to finish the planets unit and the unit on Earth this week. Next week starts Rocks and Minerals. We are using a Reading Comprehension workbook, rather than our regular reading/phonics curriculum and we will be starting Westward Ho! again (Kyle has BEGGED to do this again...and there is a museum near Fallon about the Pioneers going West that we will visit while we are in Nevada). We will also be creating two lapbooks over the next few weeks.
From the kitchen... I'll be baking a cake for John Friday, no other major plans....I would like to bake cookies with Kyle on Sunday, but I'm not sure we will have time.
I am wearing...shorts and one of Ronnie's T-shirts
I am creating... a stocking, a new quilt, crayon rolls & helping my Mom make some gifts.
I am going...to homeschool PE at the YMCA tomorrow, to the Orlando Rep Theatre on Thursday for a field trip....We will be seeing a play of "A Christmas Story". And we have a get together day with other homeschooled kids on Friday.
I am reading..." "Night Prince"
I am hoping...that the gifts we bought online for Kyle will arrive in Nevada in time for Christmas morning. How would I explain that Santa was running late!!??!
I am hearing...Kyle making vrooom vroom noises while playing with his cars
Around the house...the Christmas tree is up and misc Christmas decorations are all layed out waiting for me to place them. The school/sewing room is a wreck right now b/c of all the projects going on.
One of my favorite things... hee hee...is watching Linus go ballistic when the outside blow up santa is up...yea, I know...Ronnie is seriously rubbing off on me.
A few plans for the rest of the week... finish the prjects I need to ship to Nevada, wrap Christmas gifts, get the house in order.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

**If you would like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook...go here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: