Thursday, May 9, 2013

Process Post! Farmer's Market Quilt

On the Farmer's Market Shop Hop in February, we received a block kit at each of the shops we stopped in at. As I began working with these fabrics, I just HAD TO HAVE MORE!! So I have continued adding to my stash of fruit and veggie prints. I'm using "handspray" as the background fabric b/c that is what came with the kits.
Here is what I have done so far :)
The block in the top left is my Underground Railroad block...but you can see which ones are Farmer's Market...there are 10 so far :) 
 These are the fabrics that I still have to make blocks for:


 Aren't they SO PRETTY!!!??!
I am going to do a thin border of the purple handspray and then a wider border of these veggies to finish the quilt top.
 And see that red and white check fabric in the back left corner?? That is what I am going to use as the background fabric in pinwheel blocks....I am using the scraps from each fruit/veggie and making a pinwheel block to alternate with the fruit and veggie blocks. This quilt is going to be BIG!
Here are my scraps...
 I have three fabrics that I am trying to decide between for the backing....
The daisy and strawberry fabric is my fav but I think one of the other two may go better w this quilt...we'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somebody essentially lend a hand to make critically articles I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular post amazing. Magnificent task!

my web site :: Linked internet Site