Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wow! Has it REALLY been 3 1/2 months???

Unbelievable! I LOVE BLOGGING!! WHY have I not done more of it?
Well...I am just going to pick up where I am b/c if I try to make up for missed posts I'll just become discouraged.
I went to the FPEA Convention and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO inspired! 3 main things stuck HUGE with me...
1. Accountable Kids-a system that is worth a million dollars in my opinon!
2. Nicholeen Peck-all I can say is WOW. The Power of Calm and Teaching Self-government-MUST hears (or reads).
3. Skill -VS- Will. Decide...is your child being willfully defiant? or are they daydreaming, etc and just need some more guidance/skill/help to refocus? Don't chastise them for a skill issue as if it was a will issue.

There's the summary! My life has changed SO much since convention...just because of the change inside of me that those three things inspired. I would HIGHLY recommend them ALL!!!!!!

Also...I am SUPERdeeDUper excited about next years homeschooling!! We are breaking out of the textbook mold a little! I CAN'T WAIT!!! We are going to be using Trailblazers and Progeny Press for reading, rather than a reading curriculum. And I'm dropping the Spelling curriculum...we'll pull a variety of words from across our subjects and use them for spelling-and we will still utilize Spelling City. I found a GREAT Science curriculum for next year too!! I am gong to HATE waiting through Summer to start! Prior to attending convention I could NOT WAIT for the school year to be done. But now...my batteries are recharged and I am ready to go! But........Kyle is ready for SUMMER!  :)

No comments: