Friday, June 11, 2010

Process Update...........


Well, here is my first process post!


I am working on a "pinks and greens" quilt. This is probably going to end up being a Project Linus quilt, but I haven't decided for sure yet. I like the lighter / shabby chic-ish pinks and greens and in the swap I am in, I have received a lot of these bright/vibrant pinks and greens..........so, I am thinking I will put them into a quilt of their own. Here are the blocks laid out:


I am thinking I will add sashing and then several borders.
Any thoughts would be great!!

Here is the panel I bought to make a quilt for my son :) I think it would be a great rememberence of our time in Nevada!

I purchased two panels that each had 6 squares. I decided to cut them into rows of three and I am thought I would put sashing between each row.
Here are my correlating fabrics:



And here is what I am going to use for the backing:


I went back and forth on exactly how to place the sashing on. I had a little help, as you can see, lol.


This is what I decided on for the horizontal sashing:


Whatdya think?? You can see the borders I am going to sew on.
Then I am thinking I am going to put a wide border on the outside of those thinner borders. Maybe a 5" or 6" of the cream correlating fabric.

No comments: