Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's been 3 months since I last blogged!

Wow! I have really missed it too.
I am just going to do what I always do when it's been a while since I last blogged. I'm gonna just jump right in at where I am at...

I finished my International Round Robin! It took almost a year for it to makes it's rounds but I am SO pleased with how my top turned out! Not only did the others love the borders I added to theirs but I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!

Here it is! Isn't it great? It's not actually bubbly, that's just the way we have it laying. Everyone around the world did such a wonderful job!! I am so thrilled with it! It's a queen size, so it will go on my bed. I am thinking of having it professionally quilted.

Here is the quilt that I put the final border on and sent it home to its owner in Australia:
The border that I added to this quilt consisted of the skinny border under the diamonds, the diamond border (which was paper-pieced!) and then the wider, outer border to finish it off!   

I have also been working on my postage stamp quilt! I am using a quarter in these two pictures to show you a reference to size. I cut them into 2" squares before sewing them together.
I am just about finished with this quilt top. Once I sew all of the blocks together that I have finished, I will have a nice-sized utility quilt.   
Isn't she just darling? (I had to throw a pic of Patches in here) :)

Ronnie finally got my rod hung so that I can hang my quilts in the living room!!!

Here are some paper-pieced hearts I made for a Valentine's Day swap! I made six of them and I will send them in (to a lady in RENO, believe it or not!) and get 6 different blocks back.

For the first time ever, I dropped off a quilt top at a long-arm quilter to have it professionally quilted!! The quilt top that has the INSANELY tiny paper-pieced center that my dear friend Fran gave to me. I am having a medium sized design done on it, edge to edge of woodsy leaves. Here is a pic of the center that I sent off:
And here is the finished top, after several ladies added borders!
It will be about 4 weeks until it's finished at the long-arm quilters. I can't wait to see it!

No comments: