Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Although I am never one to wait until Thanksgiving to be thankful, I was especially focused on being thankful today!

We were planning on heading to Vero Beach for Thanksgiving, but with Jimmy living here now, we wanted him to be a part of our day. So we stayed home and I cooked! Chris and his children also spent Thanksgiving day with us!

The menu was:
Turkey (of course)
stuffing~which I FORGOT to make!!!!
mashed potatoes with gravy from the turkey drippings
green bean casserole
corn
potato salad
sweet potato casserole
biscuits
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
apple crisp pie
banana pudding

We had a wonderfully relaxed day! I made the potato salad and pies the day before and cooked the turkey, mashed potatoes, corn and casseroles Thanksgiving day. The hilarious thing is that I forgot to bring out the potato salad until dessert time!!! Oh well! We ate lots of food and had a good time.
Afterwards we watched Miami play football.....and lose. lol.
I don't have any pictures! I was so busy enjoying the day that I never got my camera out!!

1 comment:

dettonlisas@gmail.com said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you guys had a good day.