Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Monday, December 29, 2009
Outside my window... nighttime. There are some snow flurries spinning in the air.
I am thinking...that I really hope I feel better tomorrow than I do today.
I am thankful for... the women in my church. They have so embraced me into their fellowship and I feel such a bond with them.
From the learning rooms... school as normal. We didn't take much time off at the holidays....just Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And only planning on taking off New Years Day. We are really enjoying doing school.
From the kitchen... I just love my little kitchen! I love not having a microwave...is that crazy? We decided not to get one. I love the way food tastes re-heated in the oven.
I am wearing... jammies
I am creating... quilted book covers, a charity quilt.
I am reading... The Beth Moore bible study Esther and A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber.
I am hoping... that I feel better tomorrow. ugh.
I am hearing... Kyle in the tub banging toys around Ronnie in the other tub singing. lol.
Around the house... things are in order! yay! I have all boxes unpacked and everything in its place! I am SO happy about this!
One of my favorite things... right now I have such a hunger for God's word. I love it. I haven't felt like this in quite a while. Thank you, Lord. I pray my desire for your word continues to get stronger and stronger.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Tomorrow after school we are going over to play with a bunch of kids from church. One of our ladies is moving to Austin, TX next week so we want to be sure to spend some time with her and her kids before they leave.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Christmas!! I love this look of glee!
P.S. Mattie had another seizure last night...please pray for her. From what we have read it is fairly common, but she gets the "hysterical running" which is not common. She may have epilepsy, which is treatable, or any number of other issues. We are going to have to get her into a vet =(

No comments: